Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stuff Fat Guys Can't Do #5 - Order a Small Anything

I'm in my truck waiting for my daughter to finish her Girl Scouts meeting.  I'm sipping my XL coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and it reminded me of how I fall into the value trap.  I have never ordered a small coffee.  Or a half-dozen donuts.  I look at the menu and I'm sucked into ordering one of the larger sizes simply because I get more for my money.

I know in my head that ordering a small would satisfy my desire, but I just can't do it.  The simple advice would be to break the habit, but with respect to Ralph Ellison, "I yam what I yam.". I've adapted by getting the big size and then sharing it with my wife.  How she manages to stay thin and tolerate not having her own item is beyond me.

And that's part of it too.  I don't want to share.  It's mine, dammit!

This isn't a particularly insightful or helpful post, but it was on my mind and I had some time to kill while I sit in my EXTENDED CAB, LONG BED pickup truck.  Damn, I can't even buy a small truck - and I don't even need one this size!


No comments:

Post a Comment